PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY:
Melbourne Entertainment Company aims to be Melbourne's leading wedding & event entertainment provider by 2023 and are currently looking for new, professional, accountable, outgoing and enthusiastic DJ entertainers.
Experience is preferred but not essential, as you will be trained in the art of entertaining and client management. You must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work with an eagerness to learn. MEC targets itself at weddings, high-end corporate events and functions, which will require you to wear formal attire to jobs.
The ideal DJ candidate will be well presented and possess the following:
- Proven ability to DJ and capability of seamlessly beat-matching basic tracks
- Skilled at song selection with a broad music knowledge of all styles and genres
- Experience throughout a variety of functions such as birthday parties, corporate functions and weddings
- The willingness & openness to undergo our specific training program
- The value to perform, entertain and make a positive impact on our valued client’s events
It is a requirement that you are available on Friday and Saturday nights; when most functions take place. It is also preferred, but not essential if you live within 40 minutes drive of the CBD where most of the work will be taking place.
Customer service, communication and professionalism are very important for us as we pride ourself on our youthful, confident and outgoing team. Our staff are reliable, have excellent communication skills and are professional; this is an essential part of being a Melb Ent Co team member.
Please read Our Vision and ensure that your values align with our organisation before applying. Also please view Our Team and ensure that you present yourself in similar aesthetics. As previously mentioned experience isn’t essential however you will be asked to pay a fee for your own DJ training if you are a beginner.
Please do not apply unless you can confirm all the below criteria:
- You own your own car (must be sufficiently sized: anything with 4 doors or a hatch-back is usually big enough) and have a valid license.
- You own a laptop which still processes quickly with at least 30GB of free storage space.
- You can work on most Friday and Saturday nights throughout the year, especially through months October > December, and February > April.
- You are open and willing to commit yourself to a DJ booking up to 12 months in advance if you are available
- You own (or will purchase) formal attire
- Male: Full suit (Navy or Black), white shirt, ties (to match suit), polished formal shoes (Brown or Black), belt (to match shoes), tie clip and pocket square.
- Female: Black formal cocktail attire
If successful, you will be expected to complete:
- 5-10 hours of independent online training on our procedures & expectations
- If you're not yet an accomplished DJ:
- 10 hours of independent DJ practice (watching our guides & videos)
- 20+ hours if you're a complete beginner
- A couple of "shadow" gigs - where you will accompany one of our senior DJs overseeing & learning from them.
DO NOT CALL US DIRECTLY TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ANYONE WHO DOES CALL DIRECTLY WILL BE INSTANTLY DISQUALIFIED.
If you think you have what it takes please fill out the form below. Should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you to begin the interview process.