MUSICIAN | PERFORMER | ENTERTAINER
PLEASE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY:
Melbourne Entertainment Company aims to be Melbourne's leading wedding & event entertainment provider by 2023 and are currently looking for new, professional, accountable, outgoing and enthusiastic Musicians, Performers and Live Entertainers.
Experience is essential. You must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude to work with an eagerness to please. Melb Ent Co targets itself at high-end events and functions, which will require you to wear formal attire to jobs.
We are seeking various talents established in the following arts:
- Guitar & Vocalists
- String Ensembles
- Groups | Bands
- Duos | Trios | Quartets
- Roving Performers
- Drag Queens
The ideal candidate will be well presented and possess the following:
- Available on most Friday and Saturday nights, especially during the months of October to December
- Have high quality media including professional photos, videos and sound files to demonstrate ability
- Reliable, resourceful, respectful and punctual manner
- Previous experience performing at various events
- Owns their own sound and/or instrumental equipment, fully self-sufficient
- Open to performing with other artists and willing to collaborate to comprise a ‘DJ Band’
- Well spoken, able to communicate clearly and precisely and deliver on our clients brief
- Able to independently drive to and from events through out the Melbourne Metropolitan Region
- Live within 40 minutes drive of the CBD where most of the work will be taking place
- Presents extremely well, is able to wear formal attire to gigs and conducts self in a professional manner
- The understanding that you a representing a growing business where repeat business is of the upmost importance, and will not self promote
Customer service, communication and professionalism are very important for us as we pride ourself on our youthful, confident and outgoing team. Our staff are reliable, have excellent communication skills and are professional; this is an essential part of being a Melb Ent Co team member.
Please do not apply unless you can confirm all the below criteria:
- You can work on most Friday and Saturday nights throughout the year, especially through months October to December
- Able to independently get yourself to and from events through out the Melbourne Metropolitan Region
- You own (or will purchase) formal attire
- Male: Full suit (Navy or Black), white shirt, ties (to match suit), polished formal shoes (Brown or Black), belt (to match shoes), tie clip and pocket square
- Female: Black formal cocktail attire
- You have a current portfolio of photographs that you can share with us to assess your ability
Please note: Remuneration is negotiable and based on level of proven skill, and available media/sales/marketing collateral. All positions are casual and on a contractor basis.
DO NOT CALL US DIRECTLY TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION. ANYONE WHO DOES CALL DIRECTLY, WILL BE INSTANTLY DISQUALIFIED.
If you think you have what it takes please fill out the form below. Should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you to begin the interview process.